The Grand Lodge of Antient Free and Accepted Masons of Scotland
William Ramsay McGhee, MStJ, D.L., Grand Master Mason
The” Make it a Million” Facebook page has now launched and already we have over 700 members – a fantastic start. If you haven’t already joined, have a look, and sign up. I have, in the past week, read two testimonies from Brethren who have suffered from Prostate Cancer but, through the work that had already been supported by Scottish Freemasons, they have both received state of the art treatment and are both on the road to recovery.
Mrs Oliff received a letter from a lady who, on visiting Grand Lodge with her husband, picked up a leaflet which she read on the train heading back south. Having digested the information she recognised symptoms that he was displaying. She pushed him to go to the Dr and, sure enough, he was suffering from Prostate Cancer. However, the good news is, that the early diagnosis has resulted in a full recovery – thanks to one of our leaflets.
The work that we are supporting will make a long-lasting difference to thousands of men, not just in Scotland, but world-wide.
My sincere thanks to everyone who has embraced the appeal – you are making a substantial difference.
- The Group saw its membership rise to 6234 Brethren from not only the Scottish Constitution but from many of our Sister Constitutions throughout the world.
- This week saw the total examples of charitable giving recorded within the group rise to 1099, submitted by 349 of its members.
- These updated contributions can now be attributed as to being made on behalf of 361 Lodges, from within 56 of its Provincial Grand Lodges, District Grand Lodges, Superintendencies and Lodges abroad under the direct supervision of Grand Lodge.
- During the week posts were submitted by group members representing the Provinces of Forfarshire, Galloway, Linlithgowshire & Midlothian.
- The total identifiable monetary value of the contributions now recorded has risen to £1,942,243.
SCFS Overseas Report
- Our Overseas Membership continues to grow steadily … now standing at 1695, with Brethren joining from the Districts of Central South Africa, Eastern Province of The Cape of Good Hope, and Western Australia. We look forward to welcoming our 1700th member from one of our Overseas Lodges in the very near future.
- The Lodge which had most new members joining from it was Lodge Caledonia, No. 796, in the Eastern Province of The Cape of Good Hope, closely followed by Lodge Sir Walter Scott-Breadalbane, No. 859, in Western Australia.
- We now have 1229 Brethren from Lodges throughout the world whose Grand Lodges are in amity with the GLoS, and who spread news, worldwide, of the wonderful support given to others by our Brethren.
- New members joined from 10 different Masonic constitutions this week: GL of the State of Israel, United GL of Queensland, GL of India, GL of Quebec, GL of Japan, GL of South Africa, GL of Wisconsin, GL of Kansas, UGLE (South Africa), GL of Maryland.
We would encourage even more Brethren in our lodges abroad to join the SCFS group and we look forward to publishing posts from them in addition to first posts from some Districts.
Over the past number of months, we have managed to catch up on the backlog of Provincial Masters having to be Installed. We are now turning to the substantial backlog of District Grand Masters. On 25th of this month I will be heading for Bermuda to install our new Grand Superintendent and from there will make for Bahamas, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago and Grenada and finally Guyana to install each of the District Grand Masters thereby reducing the backlog by six.
My sincere thanks to all those now stepping down from Office and my best wishes to all new District Grand Masters and Grand Superintendent’s - may you and your Commissioned Office-bearers enjoy a very happy and productive term in Office.
Today, accompanied by several Past Grand Master’s I will be attending the funeral of Lady Burton, widow of the Late Grand Master Mason, Lord Burton. The past few years have been difficult for her with failing health. May she now rest in peace.
Finally, as always, please stay safe and look after each other.
Grand Master Mason
- Hits: 325