The Grand Lodge of Antient Free and Accepted Masons of Scotland
William Ramsay McGhee, MStJ, D.L., Grand Master Mason
- The Group saw its membership rise to 6494 Brethren from not only the Scottish Constitution but from many of our Sister Constitutions throughout the world.
- This week saw the total examples of charitable giving recorded within the group rise to 1196, submitted by 368 of its members.
- These updated contributions can now be attributed as to being made on behalf of 382 Lodges, from within 56 of its Provincial Grand Lodges, District Grand Lodges, Superintendencies and Lodges abroad under the direct supervision of Grand Lodge.
- During the week posts were submitted by group members representing the Provinces of East Lothian, Galloway, Glasgow, Lanarkshire Upper Ward, Linlithgowshire, Midlothian and Orkney & Zetland.
- The total identifiable monetary value of the contributions now recorded has risen to £2,196,404.
SCFS Overseas Report
Now that we’ve begun our 3rd year, it is heartening to note that membership of Brethren from Lodges outside Scotland is still growing steadily and the new members whom we have recently welcomed demonstrate the wide reach of the SCFS group.
- In this respect, reference may be made to Lodge of the Highlands, No. 1439; Lodge Royal Albert, No. 420; Lodge St. John, No. 1072; Lodge Perla del Oriente, No. 1034 and Lodge Allegiance, No. 1465 in the Districts of East Africa, Western Province of the Cape of Good Hope, Middle East, Far East and Belgium (under supervision) Brethren joining from those Lodges helped increase our Overseas Membership to 1385.
- We were delighted to welcome our first Overseas Member of our 3rd year who is Brother Steven Chan, MM, Lodge Perla del Oriente, No. 1034, located in the Philippines in the District of Far East.
- We also now have 1402 Brethren from Lodges whose Grand Lodges are in amity with the GLoS, and who spread news, worldwide, of the wonderful support given to others by our Brethren. Our 1400th ICM joined this week – Brother Jimmy Maneckshaw, WM, Lodge Ashok, No. 122, Grand Lodge of India.
- In this category, new Members joined from 12 different Masonic constitutions: the GL of India, as mentioned above, plus the GL of South Africa, GL of Ireland (Natal), GL of China, GL of California, UGLE, GL of Croatia, GL of Montana, GL of the Philippines, GL of Victoria, GL of Mississippi, GL of Japan.
We would encourage our Overseas Lodges and Districts to continue sharing news of their excellent support of others and look forward to publishing the first post of our 3rd year from them.
Last Saturday, I had the honour and privilege of installing Brother Andrew McIlwraith as the new Provincial Grand Master of Galloway along with his Commissioned Office-bearers. The Installation also coincided with the 275thanniversary of the Province of Galloway. It was a most enjoyable day and the welcome and hospitality extended by the Province was of the highest order.
This Saturday, I’ll be doing another Installation a wee bit further south than Stranraer. Tomorrow along with the Depute Grand Master, Brother Jim Bell and Grand Secretary, I’ll be installing Brother Kalpesh Shah as the new District Grand Master of the District Grand Lodge of East Africa in Nairobi.
The District Grand Lodge of East Africa encompasses three countries – Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
Finally, as always, please stay safe and look after each other.
Grand Master Mason