The Grand Lodge of Antient Free and Accepted Masons of Scotland
William Ramsay McGhee, MStJ, D.L., Grand Master Mason
As some of you may have seen from Facebook, I had the privilege and pleasure of presenting a cheque this week to Prostate Scotland for £34,500 which takes our total donation to a tremendous £690,000. Your collective efforts on behalf of Prostate Scotland have been truly outstanding and have done much to help in the fight against prostate cancer. The research results will help men, not just in Scotland, but worldwide. Many thanks for all your effort. It is greatly appreciated.
Saturday will be an early shift for Grand Secretary and I to fulfil a promise to attend the Installation of the new Grand Master of the Freemasons of South Australia and Northern Territory which is being transmitted by Zoom. The Ceremony starts at 06.00 our time. Looking forward to seeing how they go about the meeting. Will give you an update on the ceremony next week.
The Group saw its membership rise to 4970 Brethren from not only the Scottish Constitution but from many of our Sister Constitutions throughout the world.
This week saw the total examples of charitable giving recorded within the group rise to 739, submitted by 275 of its members.
These updated contributions can now be attributed as to being made on behalf of 317 Lodges, from within all 32 Provincial Grand Lodges, 23 of its District Grand Lodges, Superintendencies and Lodges under the direct supervision of Grand Lodge.
The total identifiable monetary value of the contributions now recorded has risen to £1,186,384.43.
There have been 113,174 individual comments likes, and other reactions to the group since its inception.
SCFS Overseas Report
- Congratulations are extended to our 1400th Overseas Member, Brother Collin Virgo, Lodge Jackson McLaren Wint, No. 1818, District of Jamaica. There are now 1417 Brethren from our Lodges overseas who have become members of the SCFS group.
- This week Brethren joined from our Lodges in Central South Africa (Orange Free State and the Transvaal), Lebanon, Malawi, Trinidad & Tobago and Grenada, Bahamas, Jamaica, Jordan, Namibia.
- The largest increase in membership was jointly from the District of Lebanon and the District of the Bahamas ... with the most Brethren joining from an individual Lodge coming equally from Lodge Harmony, No. 1830, in Lebanon, and Lodge Saint David, No. 1741, in the Bahamas.
- Our membership of Brethren belonging to Lodges whose Grand Lodges are in amity with the Grand Lodge of Scotland continues to grow. With the addition of the new ICMs joining this week, we now have 501 ICMBrethren spreading news of the wonderful support, featured in the SCFS posts, throughout their constitutions.This week Brethren joined from the GL of Florida, GL of Colombia, Prince Hall GL of Ontario and Jurisdiction, UGLE (District GL of India, Districts of Madras, Bermuda), GL of Argentina, GL of India, National GL of Poland, GL of Peru, GL of Chile, GL of Nova Scotla, National GL of France, GL of Romania, GL of Maryland.
- In addition to the above, the list of Grand Lodges represented by Brethren within them joining as ICMs had the GL of Venezuela added to it.
- Congratulations are extended to Brother Joel Gronkowski, Village Lodge, No. 315, under the Grand Lodge of Florida, who has become our 500th
- This coming week, we look forward to receiving a number of posts from our Overseas Lodges and Districts showing the excellent support which is being provided by them within their local communities.
Finally, as always, please stay safe and look after each other
Grand Master Mason